Type of Technology
- Compact, efficient scrubbing of small gas flows from lab hoods, storage tanks, and small industrial pilot plant equipment.
- The Vent Gas Scrubber Systems are economical in their use of water.
- They can provide a draft as fans can but they are also efficient in particulate and noxious gas removal – unlike fans.
- Unlike bag house-type filters, continuous operation is possible with minimal maintenance.
The Vent Gas Separator is a device to separate the entrained gas and liquid discharged from a Vent Gas Scrubber. It operates on the gravity principle with the liquid directed to the bottom to run out a drain opening while the gas must make a 180 degree change of direction to exit through a top outlet. The unit is sized to allow low gas velocity so that gravity separation can be achieved.
Vent Gas Separator is used where it is undesirable to discharge the entrained gas with the liquid into a drain. Alternatively, if using a large tank with the Vent Gas Scrubber, such as for recirculation of the scrubbing liquid, the Liquid Gas Separator is not necessary.
- Typical applications include pollution from laboratory fume hoods, schools and industrial shops, pilot or bench scale plant equipment and smaller commercial and industrial uses.